[Pulp-list] yum groupinstall pulp-server-qpid issue for pulp installation

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Sun Apr 3 16:45:35 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> Hello Guys,
>
> Recently i planned to configure pulp on my rhel 6, but unable as there seems
> to be dependency problem while executing "yum groupinstall
> pulp-server-qpid". Did lotof search in google, but unlucky. My RHEL is
> registered through subscription-manager and EPEL and Pulp repo enabled as
> well. Could someone please help me short out?

RHEL 6 Qpid dependencies live in a Copr repo. More information can be found here[0].

> Thought of trying the same in a RHEL7 but even RHEL7 has issue with yum
> "groupinstall pulp-server-qpid"
>
> [root at myrhel7 yum.repos.d]# yum groupinstall pulp-server-qpid
> Loaded plugins: priorities, product-id, search-disabled-repos,
> subscription-manager
> There is no installed groups file.
> Maybe run: yum groups mark convert (see man yum)
> 66 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Warning: Group pulp-server-qpid does not have any packages to install.
> Maybe run: yum groups mark install (see man yum)
> No packages in any requested group available to install or update

The problem on RHEL7 is your repository priorities. The group is there, but the repository does not have the proper priority on your system. 66 packages are being ignored as a result.

[0] http://qpid.apache.org/packages.html#epel