[Pulp-list] 2.8 Tasks Stuck at Waiting

Mihai Ibanescu mihai.ibanescu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:32:14 UTC 2016

I have a similar problem on 2.7.1 with rabbitmq.

Occasionally a task will get "lost":

pulp-admin tasks details --task-id 622041ac-e9e4-4a15-bd7c-7c98a17782e0
                              Task Details

Operations:       publish
Resources:        thirdparty-snapshot-rpm-latest (repository)
State:            Waiting
Start Time:       Unstarted
Finish Time:      Incomplete
Result:           Incomplete
Task Id:          622041ac-e9e4-4a15-bd7c-7c98a17782e0
Progress Report:

I have seen more than one getting in this state.

I can cancel the task, but I'd like to find out if I can tickle something
to re-process the queue. Other tasks do get correctly processed.

If there's something you would like me to do in order to debug this
further, please let me know.

Thank you!
Mihai