[Pulp-list] Pulp 2.10.3 Generally Available!

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 03:51:13 UTC 2016

Pulp 2.10.3 is now Generally Available in the stable repositories:

  https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/stable/2.10/

This release includes bug fixes for the Pulp Platform, and the RPM Plugin.

Upgrading
=========

The Pulp 2 stable repository is included in the pulp repo files:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for fedora 23 & 24
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 6 & 7

After enabling the pulp-2-stable repository, you'll want to follow the standard
upgrade path with migrations:

> $ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat
> $ sudo yum upgrade
> $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db
> $ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat

Issues Addressed
================

  Pulp
	2436	pulp-selinux RPM fails to run restorecon statements post install
	2195	can't sync unit that was previously uploaded
	2424	restorecon runs unecessarily for all 2.10+ upgrades
  RPM Support
	2354	Incorrect URL on lazy catalog entries created for existing RPM content units
	2372	updating importer ssl_client_cert to null fails with error
	2362	applicability calculation wastes time scanning a list
	2374	Can't skip distribution content during sync

View this list in Redmine:
http://bit.ly/2gai8Ue

el6 Known Issue Update

In the beta announcement, I mentioned that the el6 test suite was indicating that
this release might be unstable for that platform.

The el6 release has since been verified as working and cleared for release, as reported here:
https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_2_10_3_Test_Result_Summary

Thanks to everyone involved in this investigation.