[Pulp-list] Deprecating Pulp Nodes

Mihai Ibanescu mihai.ibanescu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:58:56 UTC 2016

Two things that come to mind:

* if nodes was indeed replicating the pulp user metadata (of which I am
unsure), then you will have to make it clear that going with repo syncs is
not quite equivalent
* sync runs are asynchronous calls. If a call runs for too long, there may
be more than one sync task scheduled. An in-app scheduler could potentially
notice that there is already a pending sync and not schedule another one.
cron/systemd would have a harder time peeking into the task list.