[Pulp-list] Fwd: Pulp (MongoDB) Security Configuration

Lesley Kimmel lesley.j.kimmel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:02:05 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lesley Kimmel <lesley.j.kimmel at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Pulp-list] Pulp (MongoDB) Security Configuration
To: Kodiak Firesmith <kfiresmith at gmail.com>

FYI, here's the steps I took to get a very basic, self-signed SSL
configuration in place:

$ openssl req -new -x509 -days 3650 -nodes -out mongodb-cert.crt -keyout
mongodb-cert.key
Country Name (2 letter code) [XX]:
State or Province Name (full name) []:
Locality Name (eg, city) [Default City]:
Organization Name (eg, company) [Default Company Ltd]:
Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:
Common Name (eg, your name or your server's hostname) []:mongodb
Email Address []:
$ cat mongodb-cert.* >> mongodb.pem

Add 'sslOnNormalPorts = 1' and 'sslPemKeyFile = /etc/ssl/mongodb.pem' to
/etc/mongodb.conf

Add 'ssl: true' and 'verify_ssl: true' to [database] section of
/etc/pulp/server.conf
BONUS: Because I used 'mongodb' in the certificate above and using
'verify_ssl' in the Pulp configuration Pulp expects it's request to match
the returned CN. In order to do this, do the following:
-Add 'seeds: mongodb:27017' to the [database] section of
/etc/pulp/server.conf
-Add 'mongodb' to the '127.0.0.1' line of /etc/hosts