[Pulp-list] How does "--retain-old-count" work?

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 00:54:22 UTC 2016

Lynn,

Thanks for asking. You are correct that this setting only works during sync.

Pulp is designed right now so that once content is in the system, it can be
copied around very quickly and cheaply. As such, we've avoided doing much
of anything during copy besides add references in the DB. However, that
puts the burden on you as the user to carefully choose which content to
move where. It could be valuable if pulp offered more helpful options on
copy. Other users have expressed interest in copy operations limiting on
version, gpg signature, uniqueness of some combination of attributes, etc.
As we think about pulp 3.x, we will keep those use cases in mind.

Feedback is appreciated, so feel free to tell us more about your use cases.

Michael