[Pulp-list] Pulp 2.9.1 Now Generally Available

Sean Myers sean.myers at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 14:07:40 UTC 2016

Pulp 2.9.1 is now available in the stable repositories:

  https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/stable/2.9/

This release includes fixes to Pulp Platform, as well as the Docker plugin,
RPM plugin, Puppet plugin, and crane.

Of particular interest to RPM users are issues #1949 and #2048, two issues
that were severely impacting errata-related syncing and publishing. See the
lists of issues below for more details.

Upgrading
=========

The pulp-2-stable repository is included in the pulp repo files:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-pulp.repo for fedora 23
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/rhel-pulp.repo for RHEL 6 & 7

After enabling the 2.9 stable repository, you'll want to follow the standard
upgrade path with migrations:

> $ sudo systemctl stop httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat
> $ sudo yum upgrade
> $ sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db
> $ sudo systemctl start httpd pulp_workers pulp_resource_manager pulp_celerybeat

Issues Addressed
================

These issues are specific to Pulp 2.9 and are included in this release:

  Pulp
	2081	All of repo's distributors are updated at end of publish
	2060	As a user, I want pulp-manage-db to output a message before any "known big migrations", so that I am aware that the migration could potentially be time-consuming
              ^ This change covered multiple projects (including Python) and was handled as a bug fix.
	1829	pulp-admin repo list -s unexpected error
	1673	Pulp's worker watcher does not notice workers that got killed by OOM killer and their tasks stay "running" forever
  RPM Support
	2051	Ludicrous number of WARNING logs from publish
	2020	Cannot provide multiple checksums when uploading an erratum

View this list in Redmine:
http://bit.ly/2a6DH7F

These issues were fixed in the Pulp 2.8 stream and are also included in this release:

  Crane
	1893	pulp_docker does not support Docker < 1.10 with manifests that were published from Docker >= 1.10
  Docker Support
	1925	v1 sync errors
  Pulp
	2065	Error doing an ostree pull from pulp with an entitlement certificate.
	2056	Distribution storage path migration re-links .treeinfo files incorrectly.
	2031	possible incorrect URL param parsing by streamer
	2012	alternate content source refresh fails with json serialization error
  RPM Support
	2048	Errata update failure during sync or upload
	2032	pulp sets reboot_suggested to True for all errata when syncing from published repo
	1949	re-publish takes longer than expected

View this list in Redmine (The issues reflect their state in the 2.8 stream):
http://bit.ly/2a8AjvQ