[Pulp-list] consumer tasks won't start

Elizabeth Jones oogiejonz at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 19:45:26 UTC 2016

Hi - I am new to pulp.  I have a working pulp repo and I am able to successfully bind consumers to the repo and bind to the repositories as long as the servers I'm binding are on the same vlan.  However, I have a bunch of servers on different vlans that are not able to do this successfully.The connection is happening on port 5672.  I have confirmed that I can successfully telnet to this port on the pulp server from my other servers.When I try to bind I get this on the new server:
# pulp-consumer rpm bind --repo-id=puppetBind tasks successfully created:
Task Id: 03eb9069-ada8-4940-aa30-fbcba53c39a7

On the pulp server, I see:Operations:  agent_bindResources:   rhel1 (consumer), puppet (repository), yum_distributor             (repository_distributor)State:       WaitingStart Time:  UnstartedFinish Time: IncompleteTask Id:     03eb9069-ada8-4940-aa30-fbcba53c39a7
But I see no traffic on port 5672 between the new server and the pulp server and the task never starts.  Is there something else that I need to do to allow the traffic between them?  I have turned off selinux and iptables on the new server to make sure those aren't blocking.  Is there a way to turn up debug on pulp to have more information sent to the log?  In my log I can see where I cancelled the tasks that never worked but I don't see anything indicating that a new task was even started.
Thanks -