[Pulp-list] /var/cache/pulp filling up?

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Thu Mar 17 15:39:53 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:23:48 AM EDT Matthew Madey
wrote:
> I think it's failing to remove the files when they are done. Currently
> there are 2G of RPM's in the cache directory, most of them are
0bytes. I'm
> syncing with the RHEL7 repository, and I'm seeing every package in
the
> repository in the cache directory, however, once it had filled /var,
the
> remaining RPM files were 0 bytes. Is there a way to limit to how
much
> content is able to be staged in the cache directory before being
published
> to /var/lib/pulp?

Hello again Matthew!

I believe that the sync task downloads all the RPMs into /var/cache/
pulp and then moves them into /var/lib/pulp as a later step. Several of
us developers want to redesign our plugin API to support stream
processing, but in the meantime you will need enough storage in /var/
cache/pulp to support all the bytes for an entire sync. I don't know off
the top of my head how large distro repos are, but I'd say they're
usually on the scale of 10s of GBs.