[Pulp-list] pulp 2.8.0 clean install, get 404 error when browsing server/pulp/repos/

Alejandro Cortina alejandro.cortina2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 05:49:24 UTC 2016

I managed to make it work, thanks to @bmbouter from the irc pulp channel
for pointing to the right link
(https://pulp-rpm.readthedocs.org/en/latest/user-guide/recipes.html#mirror-a-remote-repository)

There is some inconsistency in URL generation from my point of view, or
at least is not standardized. For troubleshooting purposes I created the
foreman repo as per the link exercise and managed to access to:

https://localhost/pulp/repos/foreman/

the other repos became "available" but in different location:

https://localhost/pulp/repos/repos/pulp/pulp/demo_repos/zoo/

and the key modifier was:

--relative-url=

At the creation repo moment, if you specify "--relative-url=" then Pulp
works perfect, but if don't it takes the trailing URL from:

--feed=

which, I think, should not happen.

Related to this, I think that ideally the definitive URL should be shown
when:

pulp-admin rpm repo list

or another command.

To know the proper URL was by:

$ pulp-admin rpm repo list --repo-id=zoo*--details*

                             RPM Repositories

Id:                   zoo

Display Name:         None

Content Unit Counts:

   Erratum:          4

   Package Category: 1

   Package Group:    2

   Rpm:              32

Notes:

Scratchpad:

   Checksum Type: sha256

Importers:

   Config:

     Feed:https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/demo_repos/zoo/

   Id:               yum_importer

   Importer Type Id: yum_importer

   Last Sync:        2016-03-26T16:55:35Z

   Repo Id:          zoo

   Scratchpad:

     Previous Skip List:

     Repomd Revision:    1331832478

Distributors:

   Auto Publish:        True

   Config:

     Checksum Type: sha256

     Http:          True

     Https:         True

***Relative URL: repos/pulp/pulp/demo_repos/zoo/*

   Distributor Type Id: yum_distributor

   Id:                  yum_distributor

   Last Publish:        2016-03-26T17:05:47Z

   Repo Id:             zoo

   Scratchpad:

   Auto Publish:        False

   Config:

     Http:         True

     Https:        True

*Relative URL: repos/pulp/pulp/demo_repos/zoo/*

   Distributor Type Id: export_distributor

   Id:                  export_distributor

   Last Publish:        None

   Repo Id:             zoo

   Scratchpad:

Probably I am not the only one facing this issue, then I think it could
be better documented in troubleshooting section of docs, filing feature
request :D

Thanks!