[Pulp-list] qpidd "error SASL layer required"

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 21:08:01 UTC 2016

Hi Christina, I don't know what component is trying to connect to qpidd,
but that error message should be logged when the server is configured to
require SASL and a client is trying to connect without using SASL. Pulp
workers use SASL by default so it's likely not one of those. Maybe it's a
goferd connection? I'm not sure what the state of SASL support is for
goferd. Maybe it's nodes related?

To investigate more, maybe do these two things. First verify what the qpidd
SASL requirements are. Is SASL configured? Is it required for all
connections? The upstream Qpid docs have pages on all of this. Second,
consider turning up the logging on qpidd and watch for the client IP where
the connection is originating from. You may also find `qpid-printevents`
useful for showing more detailed output for events happening on the broker.

If you find the cause, consider letting the list know if it would be
helpful to others.

-Brian