[Pulp-list] Dump and import repo configs

Monserrate Nelson R MonserrateNelson at johndeere.com
Sat Feb 18 05:00:39 UTC 2017

Hello Bryce,

I developed a tool that somehow does what you are looking for:

https://github.com/nbetm/python-pulpadm.git

I recommend you to use the develop branch (the code is more polished compared with master). However, it lacks the dump of rpm repo configs, but this is something I can implement really quick so you can use the import action with the exported data.

Let me know your thoughts.
-Nelson

[Pulp-list] Dump and import repo configs

Thu, 16 Feb 2017 16:26:45 +0000

Pier, Bryce <Bryce.Pier at capella.edu><mailto:Bryce.Pier at capella.edu>

pulp-list at redhat.com<mailto:pulp-list at redhat.com> <pulp-list at redhat.com><mailto:pulp-list at redhat.com>

Hello All,

I’ve been using pulp for several years and am now in the process of building a new data center. So I’ve decided this is a good time to move to RHEL7 and Pulp 2.12. Is there a way to dump the repo configurations (from pulp 2.7) in a format that I can then import into the new server? I’m not looking to move the database or the packages, just the repo configs. I currently have 36 repos covering RHEL5,6,7,Epel, OEL6, RHV4, etc. and I’m just hoping to save some time and avoid the likely typo while re-creating them all.

Thanks!

-Bryce