[Pulp-list] Failed upgrade pulp 2.10 -> 2.12

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 19:49:33 UTC 2017

Hi Folks,
After having no problem upgrading beta, I took on a weekend upgrade of prod
and just my luck, can't upgrade the DB.

Sadly, I'm no programmer and certainly not a MongoDB whiz so I'm a bit dead
in the water after hitting this:

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/PADDDdL112VnEiJOVJqell5M1UNdIGYhyRLivL9gydE=

My recovery plan was to basically just run a 'yum history undo ##', but I
discovered I can't roll back to 2.10-1 easily because the packages no
longer seem to exist on the internet - I should have checked and mirrored
them before taking on the upgrade, shame on me and an opportunity to
improve my future process to be sure.

Anyhow, google brings me exactly one hit for the pasted error above:
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2591

...But I'm not so sure on messing around with the Pulp production DB,
despite having backups it still makes me wary.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks much!
 - Kodiak