Re: [Pulp-list] Info for new Pulp user

Hi Adrian,

thanks for reaching us.

I do think that pulp can cover the needs stated in your email.
If you plan to upload patchsets into pulp yum repos, then from patchfile an srpm/rpm needs to be built first.

Once you publish pulp yum repo, the content can be served and consumed.

On the client machine you'd need to modify yum config so it would include the URL from which the content is being served.
Then them yum/dnf client should do the job for you.

Here are some quickstart and recipes which should give you some overview of the workflow and terminology:

https://docs.pulpproject.org/user-guide/introduction.html
https://docs.pulpproject.org/plugins/index.html#rpm
https://docs.pulpproject.org/plugins/pulp_rpm/user-guide/quick-start.html#sync-and-publish-a-repo
https://docs.pulpproject.org/plugins/pulp_rpm/user-guide/recipes.html#uploading-content

Feel free to reach us on the freenode channel #pulp or drop an email to pulp-list redhat com whenever you have issues or questions.

I will add our community pulp-list to this thread so more people can help or share their knowledge and experience.

Let me know if you have further questions!

--------
Regards,

Ina Panova
Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.

"Do not go where the path may lead,
 go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."