[Pulp-list] Pulp 3.0 Core RC Plan

Robin Chan rchan at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 19:02:24 UTC 2019

After our last update on the Pulp 3.0 Core RC [2], we have been working on
the list of open items for the Pulp 3.0 Core RC [1] and are closing in on
completion.  We felt it would be helpful to share our best estimates on
dates and an updated plan.

*Feature Freeze Target: March 6*

   - All items found in this query [1] merged

   - Any RC Blocker work coming out of the Upload discussion [2]

   - Beta release available on PyPI

   - Branch closed for merging

*2 Week Feature Freeze*

   - Critical bug fixes
   - Work on plugins compatible Pulp 3.0 Core RC

*Core RC Target: March 20 (**Feature** freeze + 2 week)*

   - Pulp 3.0 Core RC release

   - Pulp file plugin release

Feature Freeze will happen when all content [1] has been delivered. If that
date ends up being before or after March 6, the Core RC Target will be 2
weeks from the Feature Freeze date.

We expect new plugin releases shortly after or up to a few the weeks after
the Pulp 3.0 Core RC release. Please continue to follow the mailing list
and blog for announcements of plugin releases that will work with the new
Pulp 3 RC release.

Please bring up any concerns you have regarding content you do not see in
[1] that you believe should be. For more background information, please
also see our previous post [3].

[1] https://pulp.plan.io/issues?query_id=121
[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/2019-February/msg00052.html
[3] https://pulpproject.org/2019/01/30/pulp-3-rc-information/