[Pulp-list] RHEL repo version lock using pulp

aaron.t.wyllie aaron.t.wyllie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 20:39:53 UTC 2019

Like I said, happy to be wrong and learn something new.  But, when Red Hat releases a new minor point release like 7.4 to 7.5, package updates are not provided for 7.4 unless you are using EUS.  You can pin to a minor version using subscription-manaher until the cows come home. If that minor version repo is no longe4 receiving updates, there's nothing more to "update".
If that was the case, there would be no need for EUS repos. We'd all just stay on whatever iteration of 7.* we needed and expect Red Hat to continue to provide minor version updates. But Red Hat does not do that.
From Red Hat's "Red Hat Linux Life Cycle" page (https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/) and "Extended Update Support", specifically:
"Under a Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription, all available RHSAs and RHBAs are provided for the current active minor release until the availability of the next minor release."

Aaron Wyllieaaron.t.wyllie at gmail.com+1.904.422.1545 (M)
-------- Original message --------From: Kodiak Firesmith <kfiresmith at gmail.com> Date: 1/11/19  3:27 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: "aaron.t.wyllie" <aaron.t.wyllie at gmail.com> Cc: Ben Stanley <ben.stanley at gmail.com>, Venkataramana Bora <venkbora at in.ibm.com>, Donal Keane <donal.keane at ie.ibm.com>, pulp-list <pulp-list at redhat.com> Subject: Re: [Pulp-list] RHEL repo version lock using pulp
Hrm - I may be insulated from the worst of Red Hat's volume licensing due to being at an EDU, but I thought all paid customers could pin to a minor release for the first 24 months after release of the minor version...