[Pulp-list] IBM acquisition of Red Hat

Ina Panova ipanova at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 15:37:04 UTC 2019

Pulp community,

Today marks a new day in the 26-year history of Red Hat. IBM has finalized
its acquisition of Red Hat
<https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/ibm-closes-landmark-acquisition-red-hat-34-billion-defines-open-hybrid-cloud-future>
,
which will operate as a distinct unit within IBM moving forward.

## What does this mean for Red Hat’s contributions to the Pulp project?

In short, nothing.

Red Hat always has and will continue to be a champion for open source and
projects like Pulp.
IBM is committed to Red Hat’s independence and role in open source software
communities so that we
can continue this work without interruption or changes.

Our mission, governance, and objectives remain the same. We will continue
to execute the existing
project roadmap. Red Hat associates will continue to contribute to the
upstream in the same ways
they have been. And, as always, we will continue to help upstream projects
be successful and
contribute to welcoming new members and maintaining the project.

We will do this together, with the community, as we always have.

If you have questions or would like to learn more about today’s news, we
encourage you to review
the list of materials below. Red Hat CTO Chris Wright will host an online
Q&A session in the coming
days where you can ask questions you may have about what the acquisition
means for Red Hat and our
involvement in open source communities. Details will be announced on the Red
Hat blog <https://www.redhat.com/en/blog>.

 * Chris Wright blog - Red Hat and IBM: Accelerating the adoption of open
source
<https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/red-hat-and-ibm-accelerating-adoption-open-source>
 * FAQ on Red Hat Community Blog
<https://community.redhat.com/blog/2019/07/faq-for-communities/>

--------
Regards,

Ina Panova
Senior Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc

"Do not go where the path may lead,
 go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."