[Pulp-list] [Feedback needed] Pulp 2 to Pulp 3 migration, export_distributor, RPM/ISO plugin

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Mon Jun 10 12:55:02 UTC 2019

As you probably know, we are in the process of designing a tool which will
provide a way to migrate from Pulp 2 to Pulp 3, so we will ask you for
feedback every now and then.

Export distributor [0] is used for generating ISO images which can contain
one or more RPM or File (ISO plugin in Pulp 2 terms) repositories in it.
This distributor is also used to export a repository into a specific
directory on a filesystem.

Please, let us know if you use export_distributor:
0. Do you use Pulp directly or through Katello? This thread is more
relevant for those who use Pulp directly.
1. What is the scale? E.g. "I use it for 10% of all my repositories, ~50
repositories."
2. Do you export into an ISO or to a directory? Or both?
3. Is it important that export_distributors and their configuration are
migrated to Pulp3? E.g. "It would be nice-to-have, not critical, I export
very few repositories."

Thank you,
Tanya

[0]