[Pulp-list] pulp3 rc8 external postgres

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Wed Nov 20 21:50:43 UTC 2019

Actually, this should be taken care of by the ansible installer.

If you do cannot re-run the ansible installer for any reason:
1. Set that env var before running the django-admin migrate command like
Dennis said.

2. Add the line:
Environment="PULP_SETTINGS=/etc/pulp/settings.py"
(where /etc/pulp/settings.py is the path to the settings file)
To your systemd units within the [Service] section:
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/pulpcore-content.service
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/pulpcore-worker at 1.service
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/pulpcore-api.service
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/pulpcore-resource-manager.service
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/pulpcore-worker at 2.service

-Mike

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 4:15 PM Dennis Kliban <dkliban at redhat.com> wrote:

> You have to set the PULP_SETTINGS environment variable. It is now required
> and does not default to /etc/pulp/settings.py. The value should be the path
> to your settings file.
>
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 11:28 AM Bin Li (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK) <
> bli111 at bloomberg.net> wrote:
>
>> I got the following error when rerun 'django-admin migrate --noinput' to
>> reset database:
>> django.db.utils.OperationalError: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host
>> "[local]", user "pulp", database "pulp", SSL off
>>
>> It looks like the database setting in /etc/pulp/settings.py below is
>> ignored.
>> DATABASES = {"default": {"ENGINE":
>> "django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2", "NAME": "pulp", "HOST":
>> "pulpdbhost", "USER":
>> "pulp", "PASSWORD": "pulp", "PORT": 5432}}
>>
>> This has been working for all previous rc releases. Is there an
>> additional steps to reset a external database?

Mike DePaulo

He / Him / His

Service Reliability Engineer, Pulp

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>