[Pulp-list] pulp 3 publication required

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 14:52:00 UTC 2020

Some content types require publications and others don't. It all depends on
the requirements of the client that consumes content. For example, yum/dnf
expects to find metadata about all the packages in the repository. Since a
RepositoryVersion only contains the packages, you must create a Publication
to generate the metadata. On the other hand 'podman' and 'docker' interact
with a REST API that serves content without any special metadata. So
Container repositories and repository versions can be directly associated
with ContainerDistributions.