[Pulp-list] Pulp 3 New install, have issues with scripts

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at redhat.com
Thu May 14 21:16:58 UTC 2020

Hi Todd,

Typically that error happens because the client's .netrc does not contain
the username and password for pulp:
https://www.gnu.org/software/inetutils/manual/html_node/The-_002enetrc-file.html
https://www.labkey.org/Documentation/wiki-page.view?name=netrc

There is an error earlier when it fails to authenticate & create the
content, but the script (primarily meant for step by step documentation
purposes) does not error when it happens. Then variables become unset
later, hence the misleading error.

-Mike

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 11:55 AM Heide, Todd <Todd.Heide at sccompanies.com>
wrote:

> Hi all. I am not fully proficient in linux, so much of what I find in the
> docs has me scratching my head.  I did an Ansible install from the
> pulp_installer git. It installed, and found that some components were
> missing, like Django, jg,  and possibly others. I am not seeing a list of
> what is required to be installed for pulp 3 to work.  I am on my third
> build in AWS, so thankfully I can tear down and rebuild in just a few
> minutes.  SO what I have a problem with is when I run one of the scripts, I
> get errors, which I can understand since I haven't done a few things, but
> the problem I have is that every time it fails, I get kicked off.
>

> Here is an example I ran as root;
>

> # source docs_check_upload.sh
>
> Setting environment variables for default hostname/port for the API and
> the Content app Creating a new repository named upload-repo.
>
> parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 8 Inspecting
> Repository.
>
> HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
>
> Connection: close

> Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 14:17:16 GMT
>
> Server: gunicorn/20.0.4

> <h1>Not Found</h1><p>The requested resource was not found on this
> server.</p>
>

>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
> Current
>
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
> Speed
>
> 100  2544  100  2544    0     0  13047      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
> 13113
>
> Upload an RPM package.
>
> Inspecting artifact.
>

> http: error: InvalidURL: Failed to parse: localhost:24817null
>

> As soon as it finished, it kicked me out of root to my normal user. If I
> run as the user with sudo, I get kicked off the server.  That is my first
> problem.  My second is a question, is there a list of packages I need to
> install prior to, or along with the pulp 3 installer?  I think I may be
> missing a couple.  I was missing JG when I ran the above the first time and
> corrected that.    In the mean time, I will keep at the scripts until I get
> a working repo to test with.
>

> Thanks in advance

Mike DePaulo

He / Him / His