[Pulp-list] How to disambiguate different platforms?

Christoph Höger christoph.hoeger at celeraone.com
Tue May 19 08:07:04 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I just finished setting up a prototype apt repository using pulp_deb on
pulpcore 3.3. Now If I understand the workflow documentation correctly, to
publish a package one has to do these steps:

1. Upload content
2. Create a new repository version (can be done automatically on upload)
3. Create a new publication
4. Update the distribution to the new publication
5. Delete the old publication (here I am not sure if and when this makes
sense)

While this is somewhat involved, I guess it will work just fine for a
single repository. But we support at least two different versions of Ubuntu
(and similarly Redhat) so I wonder how I would disambiguate these different
platforms.

In particular, when uploading a package the build job knows it is package
foo, version x.y for platform Z. Package name and version are obviously
encoded in the package itself, but I see no way to disambiguate the same
package for Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04, like a subfolder or some kind of tag.

Is there a typical way to disambiguate these packages by the platforms they
were built for?

Thanks,

Christoph
--
Christoph Höger

CeleraOne GmbH
Usedomer Straße 4
13355 Berlin

Email: christoph.hoeger at celeraone.com <moritz.hilger at celeraone.com>
Web: www.celeraone.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
AG Berlin-Charlottenburg HRB 142747
Geschäftsführer: Moritz Hilger, York Walterscheid