[Pulp-list] pulpcore 3.8.0 is Generally Available

Tatiana Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 14:41:13 UTC 2020

Pulpcore 3.8.0 [0] and pulp_installer 3.8.0 [1] have been released.

Details of the most important changes are available in our blog [2]. For a
full list of changes, please check the changelog for pulpcore [3] and
pulp_installer [4].

Try to upgrade right away!
It should be possible to upgrade pulpcore without waiting for every plugin
you use to release a compatibility release (if plugin writers heard about
our 1-cycle deprecation policy and our encouragement to declare dependency
at least on two pulpcore versions).

# Installation and Upgrade

Users should use the 3.8.0 release of pulp_installer [1] to install or
upgrade their installations.
This version of the installer will check compatibility of all installed
plugins with pulpcore 3.8. The installer will abort if any plugin is
incompatible.

The pulp_installer collection can be installed from Ansible Galaxy with the
following command:

    ansible-galaxy collection  install --force pulp.pulp_installer

The --force flag will upgrade the collection if you had a previous version
installed.

# Plugin API

Plugin writers can see the API changes here [6].

Due to the 1-cycle deprecation policy, the recommended strategy is to pin
plugins to a 3.y and 3.y+1 version of pulpcore. So for a compatibility
release with 3.8 use:  "pulpcore>=3.8,<3.10".
If your plugin is compatible with earlier pulpcore releases, use:
"pulpcore>=3.y,<3.10", where y is the eldest pulpcore release your plugin
is compatible with.

[0] https://pypi.org/project/pulpcore/3.8.0/
[1] https://galaxy.ansible.com/pulp/pulp_installer
[2] https://pulpproject.org/2020/10/20/3.8.0-release-announcement/