[Rdo-list] Fedora release mixup in Havana Repo

Sandro "red" Mathys red at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 11 22:33:02 UTC 2013

The Fedora repo for the Havana-2 packages is mixed up a bit. While the repo
is called fedora-19, the packages in it are almost all built for F20 (i.e.
they have fc20 in their dist tag). That's a bit worrisome, as things could
get different enough between a F19 and F20 build host so things start
misbehaving or failing otherwise. Is there a chance to actually build F19
packages on F19 build hosts?

Also, since F20 packages are apparently being built, I wonder why no
fedora-20 repo is created. The earlier such a repo exists, the earlier we
can test the packages and make RDO work on F20. That could help avoid the
situation as-is with F19+RDO, where lots of things are broken pretty bad
and need workarounds. I know, technically one can just use the fedora-19
repo with F20 but it would make things easier to have a separate fedora-20
repo and it will become necessary once there's real F19 packages in the
fedora-19 repo, anyway.

At the same time, it should be noted that Packstack is currently not
working on un-branched F20, i.e. Rawhide. Three Puppet modules need each a
fix, which have been sent upstream now. The rather small issue is that the
operatingsystemrelease fact does not return an Integer as expected but the
string "Rawhide" on such systems.

-- Sandro