[Rdo-list] devstack on F20 (cinder: No suitable rootwrap found)

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Mon Dec 30 14:16:26 UTC 2013

On 29/12/13 17:23 -0500, Perry Myers wrote:
>It looks like devstack hasn't been completely vetted on F20 yet (when I
>ran it it printed out a warning message and asked me to override w/
>FORCE=yes), but I went ahead and decided to try it anyhow.
>
>> ++ get_rootwrap_location cinder
>> ++ local module=cinder
>> +++ get_python_exec_prefix
>> +++ is_fedora
>> +++ [[ -z Fedora ]]
>> +++ '[' Fedora = Fedora ']'
>> +++ echo /usr/bin
>> ++ echo /usr/bin/cinder-rootwrap
>> + CINDER_ROOTWRAP=/usr/bin/cinder-rootwrap
>> + [[ ! -x /usr/bin/cinder-rootwrap ]]
>> ++ get_rootwrap_location oslo
>> ++ local module=oslo
>> +++ get_python_exec_prefix
>> +++ is_fedora
>> +++ [[ -z Fedora ]]
>> +++ '[' Fedora = Fedora ']'
>> +++ echo /usr/bin
>> ++ echo /usr/bin/oslo-rootwrap
>> + CINDER_ROOTWRAP=/usr/bin/oslo-rootwrap
>> + [[ ! -x /usr/bin/oslo-rootwrap ]]
>> + die 180 'No suitable rootwrap found.'
>> + local exitcode=0
>> + set +o xtrace
>> [Call Trace]
>> ./stack.sh:686:configure_cinder
>> /home/admin/devstack/lib/cinder:180:die
>> [ERROR] /home/admin/devstack/lib/cinder:180 No suitable rootwrap found.
>
>I looked further up in the stack and saw some compilation errors related
>to some compilation that requires libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel.
>
>Turned out that I didn't have libxslt-devel installed on the VM I was
>running this on.  Installed that, reran stack.sh and it seemed to get
>further.
>
>Should we be checking for the presence of that package and installing it
>in devstack if it is not already installed?

This is weird, though. We have libxml2-devel as a 'general' dependency
in devstack[0]. I checked and the package is still there. I'll give
this a try on a fresh f20.

[0] https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/files/rpms/general#L10

>(fwiw, I don't have a clue as to why the failed gcc compile due to
>missing devel libs would result in a missing cinder rootwrap, perhaps
>someone can explain?)  :)

Oslo's incubator install failed because of the missing lxml
dependency, which resulted in the oslo-rootwrap entry_point not being
created. This caused cinder configuration process to fail after trying
to use the not existent oslo-rootwrap bin.

Cheers,
FF

--
@flaper87