[Rdo-list] RDO Build schedule for Havana?

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 15:41:59 UTC 2013

> On 07/10/2013 08:35 AM, Steve Gordon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently working with the openstack-manuals project to confirm
> > what installation documentation it makes sense to have on
> > docs.openstack.org come Havana release day. A major factor in this
> > discussion is whether or not at least RPM and DEB packages will be
> > available on or shortly after release day (and if the latter what is
> > "shortly"). Is there an advertised schedule/expectation for when RDO
> > Havana builds will appear relative to each milestone and ultimately
> > the final release?
>
> I think the answer is that RDO Havana RPMs are available within a few
> days of an upstream release.
>
> Pádraig, where is the 'stable' RDO Havana repo that contains the
> Havana-1 Milestone packages?  I see the nightly repo on the RDO repos
> site, but not a snapshot for the stable releases.
>
> And aside from that we've also got nightly builds of all Havana projects
> being done as well.  RPMs for that are available here:
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-trunk/el6/x86_64/
>
> Note: The nightly builds are presently missing Heat, Ceilometer and Neutron.
>
> It looks like Ceilometer needs puppet modules created, in order for us
> to get that into Smokestack and therefor into the nightly builds.
> Eoghan will be checking this out.

The eNovance puppet-ceilometer modules have already been promoted to
stackforge[1] so we've got a starting point.

The main deficiency of what's there currently is the lack of support
for emitting qpid-specific config into the ceilo config files. So it's
effectively rabbitMQ-only for now.

I don't think it would be too much work to add the analogous qpid config
(username, password etc), but in the meantime dprince has indicated an
exception could be made to test ceilometer only on rabbitMQ initially.

> Heat has puppet modules contributed by eNovance here:
> https://github.com/packstack/puppet-heat
> But we need to work with them to get those into Stackforge, so they're
> more official.  sdake, can you follow up on that?

I chatted with Emilien Macchi, the eNovance guy mainly responsible for
puppet-heat, and he's eager to get this into stackforge once it's better
tested.

In fact he asked for help on the puppetlabs ML[2] a while back and got
no response. If we could point some resource to helping him out, it would
expedite things.

In the meantime, dprince has confirmed that an exception can be argued
for a module outside stackforge if it's generally considered the canonical
module for that project. That would give us a stop-gap.

Cheers,
Eoghan

[1] https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-ceilometer
[2] https://groups.google.com/a/puppetlabs.com/forum/#!searchin/puppet-openstack/heat/puppet-openstack/rD3JYu7qod8/U5eXO0LLWnsJ