[Rdo-list] [package announce] Havana packages for Fedora and EL6

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Jul 25 16:44:36 UTC 2013

On 07/24/2013 06:13 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> There are now 4 separate Havana repositories available on RDO
>
> The _current_ trunk package series, generated by http://smokestack.openstack.org/
> with maximum lag of 1 hour from the latest trunk commit are available for Fedora
> and EL6 based distributions. Please see the README or browse these repositories at:
> http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/openstack/openstack-trunk/

One thing to note, is that we're working on getting up some additional
smoke testing/CI of these nightly builds via Packstack installs
(all-in-one and multi-node)

Smokestack itself already does testing on the packages it builds, but it
doesn't use Packstack (it just uses the puppet modules directly) and I
don't think it does multi-host installs.

So this 2nd level of deployment validation will allow us to tag specific
Smokestack builds as either good or bad.  Ideally we have multiple repos
here instead of a monolithic one.  For example:

openstack/openstack-trunk/el6/20130724
openstack/openstack-trunk/el6/20130725
openstack/openstack-trunk/el6/20130726

With links like:

openstack/openstack-trunk/el6/latest -> 20130726
openstack/openstack-trunk/el6/latest-good -> 20130725

> Also we now have the more standard release repository for Havana,
> which contains the recently released Havana milestone 2 packages.
> The best way to interact with this repository is to follow
> the RDO quick start guide at: http://openstack.redhat.com/Quickstart
> while just replacing "grizzly" with "havana" in step 1.

Pádraig, can you add this note to the Quickstart itself?

> This package set can be used with EL6 based distros or Fedora 19.
> Fedora 19 contains OpenStack Grizzly packages in the official Fedora repositories,
> and RDO makes the next OpenStack version available for test and evaluation.
> These repositories can be browsed at:
> http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/openstack/openstack-havana/
>
> A caveat to note with the above repositories, is that
> the openstack-neutron packages are not yet available.
> These will be made available in the coming days.

Never been closer :)

Terry (otherwiseguy on irc) can provide more detail here and an
announcement to list when things are ready

Perry