Re: [Rdo-list] consoleauth package?

On 06.06.2013 03:29, Pádraig Brady wrote:
On 06/06/2013 01:20 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to get the console tab in horizon working but right now I only see "loading..." which times out after a while. According to the documentation novncproxy needs the consoleauth service and I found various pages on the web describing the installation of the openstack-nova-consoleauth rpm yet this doesn't seem to be available in the RDO repo.
Is this no longer required or is it now part of another package?

$ repoquery --file /usr/bin/nova-consoleauth
openstack-nova-console

Ah, I wasn't paying attention to that package because the documentation describes nova-console as XenAPI specific and not to be confused with the separate nova-consoleauth. Thanks for the pointer.

I now get the "shell" in the console tab but the vnc console itself doesn't work. What I found in the debug log is this:

2013-06-06 13:32:55.122 DEBUG nova.openstack.common.rpc.amqp [req-fba2d928-0c8b-4584-815a-17779cd96e2e None None] Making synchronous call on conductor ... multicall /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/openstack/common/rpc/amqp.py:583

This call then times out after a while.

The issue is that I disabled the conductor in nova.conf:
[conductor]
use_local=true

I followed this page: http://cloudystuffhappens.blogspot.de/2013/04/understanding-nova-conductor-in.html

So I'm not sure why vnc still tries to contact the conductor. Is the conductor service now a hard requirement for novncproxy?

Regards,
  Dennis