Re: [Rdo-list] Quantum and lack of connections

On 06/18/2013 08:35 AM, Ofer Blaut wrote:
Hi

I wonder how can i configure quantum network /subnets/ports when L3/DHCP fails to connect to quantum server.

These are not related. The Quantum service enables the user to configure the network configuration. The DHCP agent provides the IPAM implementation and the L3 agent provides the floating IP and routing support.

I expect that user will have CLI/API errors upon DHCP not connected , and new IPs will not be allocated

Yes, it would be nice if the user was able to know if there was a problem, but it is not related at all to the Quantum API. In actual fact the administrator is able to invoke the command: "quantum agent-list" to determine if there are any issues with the backiend implementation of the Quantum API's. The administrator would in turn need to address the issues.

See errors attached http://paste.openstack.org/show/38836/

From the traces it looks like the l3 agent has successfully connected to the message broker. The DHCP agent is unable to connect to the message broker. This may be during the boot process where it may take up to a minute (this is due to the qpid timeouts)

Ofer