Re: [Rdo-list] Why use yum priority in rdo-release repo file?

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Steve Gordon <sgordon redhat com> wrote:
If puppet is removed from the RDO repo will the Quick Start need to be updated to explicitly state the EPEL requirement (it does not at the moment)? Currently my understanding is users only need to explicitly enable/install the RDO repository, then PackStack (as you say) enables EPEL if it detects that you are on an EL system...I'm wondering if it is still able to do this without access to puppet from the RDO repository (chicken and egg situation)?

Packstack uses pure Python code to enable EPEL.

See packstack/plugins/serverprep_901.py:418

-- Sandro