[Rdo-list] Why use yum priority in rdo-release repo file?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 20 15:06:33 UTC 2013

On 06/20/2013 04:01 PM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Simple example: we're using Django14 in RDO, whereas EPEL has both, and
> the same versions.
>
> yum prioritizes packages with shorter names, thus would install Django
> instead of Django14. (version 1.3 vs. 1.4).

This looks like a bad Requires: line in the RDO packaging. Yum wont
install Django 1.3 when your baseline Requires: >= 1.4 and Django14
should provide Django = 1.4

priorities are harsh in the way it handles and removes stuff from the
pkgsack, but dont blame it for bad packaging.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh