[Rdo-list] partially broken VLAN tagging support

Thomas Graf tgraf at redhat.com
Fri Nov 15 14:58:01 UTC 2013

On 11/14/2013 07:01 PM, Andrey Korolyov wrote:
> Because of my ugly english Matt understood me a bit incorrect - vlan
> splinters are okay but table above from redhat.com suggests that almost
> everything should work even without specifying a set of VLAN tags and
> vlan-splinters at all which is seemingly not true for our lab tests with
> same RDO kernel. So question is if we can avoid using any hacks for
> specified drivers in the upcoming releases of RDO kernel by small amount
> of patchwork or not.

The only way to fix this is to fix individual drivers or to enable
splinters to trigger vlan group membership.

Could you specify what you mean by saying "specifying a set of VLAN
tags"? Are you referring to the requirement to tag at least one port
for each VID you are using in order for splinters to be effective?