[Rdo-list] Fwd: [rhos-dev] Intention for backporting upstream Icehouse feature to downstream Havana

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Tue Oct 1 11:43:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 10/01/2013 01:23 PM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
> If I remember correctly, RHOS 4.0 is Havana version. Which means the one
> which is going to be released as next version.

Thanks.

>> What is "navigation"?
> It is UI change - going from vertical to horizontal layout. So it means
> HTML, CSS and JS changes in OpenStack Dashboard. We are not changing
> information architecture. Just look&feel.

OK - I understand.

> The goal is to get this enhancement into following RHOS release. So the
> question is if it has to go through RDO first or we can just consider it
> as 'product only' and get it to RDO at the time when it is merged upstream.

I would suggest that it should get into RDO through Icehouse nightlies.
If Red Hat wants to put it in their product without the patches being in
a stable release upstream, then that's up to product management, but I
don't think it should go into RDO if it isn't upstream.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13