[Rdo-list] Open vSwitch issues....

Pádraig Brady pbrady at redhat.com
Sun Apr 27 20:42:01 UTC 2014

On 04/27/2014 09:01 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 04/27/2014 08:27 PM, Erich Weiler wrote:
>> I'm still trying to debug this but having issues....  :(
>>
>> When I start an instance on a compute node, I see this in /var/log/neutron/openvswitch-agent.log:
>
>> 2014-04-27 12:03:02.117 1958 TRACE neutron.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent RequiredOptError: value required for option: lock_path
>
> Ouch, this looks like a recent regression.
> Can you please add this line to the [DEFAULT] section
> in /usr/share/neutron/neutron-dist.conf
> and restart the neutron services:
>
>   lock_path = $state_path/lock
>
> We'll respin the neutron packages with that reinstated.

Note the /etc/neutron/neutron.conf file that ships with the latest
neutron package you have, should have the above lock_path setting
uncommented in the file. So I'm guessing that you had
an existing /etc/neutron/neutron.conf file, than wasn't
updated when you upgraded to the latest neutron package,
and you need to merge in the changes from /etc/neutron/neutron.conf.rpmnew?
I.E. The latest neutron package should be consistent on a new install,
but could have this issue on upgrade.

On a more general note, we should be aiming to provide only commented
values in the default /etc/neutron/neutron.conf, with explicit values
in /usr/share/neutron/neutron-dist.conf
This will keep users from having this particular issue,
and also be more consistent with other packages.

Also on a slightly related note I see the default /etc/neutron/neutron.conf
has signing_dir configured. Ihar wouldn't that trigger http://bugzilla.redhat.com/1050842

thanks,
Pádraig.