[Rdo-list] [QA] Tempest - is volume testing actually testing anything with block storage?

Kaul, Yaniv Yaniv.Kaul at emc.com
Mon Aug 18 14:12:45 UTC 2014

It's not the mailer, it's me.

> > (Some of you may know me from my previous work at Red Hat - good to
> > see some familiar faces!)
>
> Hi Yaniv,
>
> (No direct answers to the Cinder/Tempest woes you present below, that I
> snipped.)
>
> [. . .]
>
> > (hoping to see RDO Juno packages soon!).
>
> If you have any test environments based on Fedora, it already has Juno
> Milestone-2 packages, for testing only.

I really don't like to mix running targets (Fedora and OpenStack) while testing.
- On my F19, I could not find anything that was not 2013.1.
- I failed to upgrade it to F20. 'fedup' failed after reboot to upgrade it. I'm quite fed up with it.
- I could not find packstack @ https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-trunk/fedora/ - perhaps it's not the right location.

So, no go.
I'll wait. Patience is a virtue. Or I'll move to other distributions, we'll see.

Thanks,
Y.