[Rdo-list] python-backports is arch-specific?

Hey, I'm mainly asking for RHEL 6.5 but also using Fedora 19 and when updating to the latest python-backports-ssl_match_hostname it requires python-backports to avoid a file conflict.

However, I noticed that while python-backports-ssl_match_hostname is noarch, python-backports is arch-specific. Looking at the source for backports, it's not really clear to me why that is - can someone explain if it's intentional or a packaging oversight?

--

Thanks,

Matt Riedemann