Re: [Rdo-list] libvirtd default configuration

On 02/05/2014 01:44 PM, Dafna Ron wrote:
> Perry,
>
> in current setups nothing is logged at all, i.e there is no libvirt log
> until we configure the conf file to log something...

See Kashyap's earlier email.  By default libvirt logs to syslog with a
default log level of 3, which logs warnings and errors.

If you are seeing no warnings or errors, then that's a good thing and
under normal circumstances should be sufficient.

Increasing the verbosity to log Info (or Debug) should be something the
system administrator CHOOSES to do, not something a tool like packstack
forces you to do.

See my comment on that bug.  I fully support making it easy for
packstack to increase the verbosity of libvirt logging, but agree with
Dan and others that increasing it by default is make a decision for
sysadmins when they should be making the decision themselves.

Perry