Re: [Rdo-list] Feedback on RDO install

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 05:48:15PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> 1) Set up an internal network & subnet for guests (I believe this is
> automatically done by Packstack now)

This is done for --allinone installs, but not otherwise.

> 2) Create a default router and attach the internal subnet to it

And also this.

> 3) (not sure if this can be done automatically, or whether it needs to
> be a post-install config step) Attach the external network as the
> gateway for the router, and create some floating IP addresses outside
> any DHCP range on the public network to associate with newly created
> instances

And this isn't done either.  Generally, the Quickstart instructions
end before there is functional external connectivity, and the existing
documentation for setting that up is a little sketchy.

I was hoping to tackle some of this in the next week.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars redhat com> | larsks @ irc
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | "   "  @ twitter