[Rdo-list] Formatting tip for RDO wiki pages

Ryan O'Hara rohara at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 15:55:53 UTC 2014

In the recent LBaaS wiki page I wrote, I need to show output from
various command-line clients. The problem I ran into is that the wiki
page will wrap anything enclosed in <pre> tags, so I ended up with the
following solution:

<pre style="white-space: pre; overflow-x: auto; word-wrap: normal">
</pre>

This will add a horizontal scrollbar to the bottom of the preformatted
text box, which is the best solution I could come up with for handling
wide blocks of text. I've tested this with Firefox, IE, and Chrome and
it seems to render correctly on each.

Ryan