[Rdo-list] pythonclients completion scripts raise errors on zsh

Jakub Ruzicka jruzicka at redhat.com
Mon Jan 27 14:55:34 UTC 2014

On 27.1.2014 15:45, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> [Adding Jakub Ruzicka who intially pointed this issue.]
>
> On 01/27/2014 04:21 PM, Stefano Zilli wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are currently testing Havana python-{cinder,nova,keystone}client rpms and we noticed that completion files have been moved to /etc/profile.d.
>> This is causing the following errors in zsh shells and, as a consequence, it's blocking the deployment in production.
>>
>> /etc/profile.d/cinder.sh:15: command not found: complete
>> /etc/profile.d/keystone.sh:27: command not found: complete
>> /etc/profile.d/nova.sh:27: command not found: complete
>>
>> Wouldn't be better to have some kind of guard at the beginning of those files like "[ -z "$BASH_VERSION" ] && return" to avoid the execution on non-bash shells?
>
> Right, sane thing to do is to place them in /etc/bash_completion.d,
> which requires bash-completion package, to avoid such errors.

For RDO/Fedora, these are put into /etc/bash_completion.d, but since
RHEL doesn't have bash-completion package, they're put to /etc/profile.d
for RDO/epel-6.

I planned to move them to /etc/bash-completion.d with RHEL 7 which will
include bash-completion package but if this is causing troubles already,
I can make even epel-6 RDO packages use bash-completion because RDO
already requires epel which provides bash-completion.

This is about RDO Havana, right?

Jakub