[Rdo-list] [Openstack-operators] Installing Openstack IceHouse by RDO. Cinder database in empty.

Pádraig Brady P at draigbrady.com
Mon May 19 11:29:05 UTC 2014

On 05/19/2014 09:27 AM, 苌智 wrote:
> I installed Openstack IceHouse followed by http://openstack.redhat.com/Quickstart. There is no error message when I run "packstack --allinone". But the database of cinder is empty
> mysql> use cinder
> Database changed
> mysql> show tables;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
> Could someone gives me some advice? Thanks a lot.

Weird that no errors were reported.
Is there anything of note in, or could you attach:

  /var/tmp/packstack/*/manifests/*cinder.pp.log

Let's analyse to see if we can adjust anything allowing
us to rerun packstack --answer-file=... to sync up the cinder DB.

Hopefully we won't need this but just for completeness
to init the DB outside of packstack on RDO you can do:
  openstack-db --service cinder --init
Passwords for that can be seen with:
  grep 'PW' /root/keystonerc_admin

I've CC'd the RDO specific mailing list.

thanks,
Pádraig.