Re: [Rdo-list] python-kombu 1.1.3 is not recommended version of Icehouse

Hi,
in our setup we are using Rabbitmq clustered with mirrored queues.
Is this the recommended kombu version for this configuration?

thanks,
Belmiro

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Pádraig Brady <pbrady redhat com> wrote:
On 05/23/2014 04:52 AM, Koji IIDA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for good suggestions.
>
>> The particular reason kombu requirement was updated upstream
>> was to cater for newer msgpack modules. However the EPEL version
>> of python-msgpack should not have this issue with python-kombu.
>> Details in https://pad.lv/1134575
>>
>> So does this cause another issue for you?
>
> There is benchmark tool for oslo.messaging introduced at last Atlanta
> summit.
>
> Etherpad:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-oslo.messaging-amqp-1.0
>
> Code:
> https://github.com/grs/ombt
>

> When I tried this benchmarking tool on my RDO box (kombu 1.1.3-2), I got
> a poor throughtput (7.7 request/sec). But just updating kombu to 2.5.8,
> I got a better throughput (91 reuest/sec).
>
> I don't know why kombu 1.1.3-2 results such a poor performance.

There didn't seem to be anything significant related to performance in the ChangeLogs at least
What version of python-amqp are you using with that (kombu >= 2.5 uses the python-amqp fork)

This is a significant change, so we'll look at updating EPEL or RDO with that for el6.

thanks!
Pádraig.