[Rdo-list] Error in the documentation "Adding a compute node"

Delafontaine Ludovic ludovic.delafontaine at epfl.ch
Fri Nov 7 08:35:39 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I’ve found a few errors in the documentation “Adding a compute node” (https://openstack.redhat.com/Adding_a_compute_node).

On my system (RHEL 7), the variables ‘CONFIG_NOVA_COMPUTE_HOSTS' and ‘CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_HOSTS' don’t exist in the answer file. Instead, I have these variables ‘CONFIG_COMPUTE_HOSTS’ and ‘CONFIG_NETWORK_HOSTS’.

Here is my system information:
[root at cloud63 ~]# cat /etc/*-release
NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server"
VERSION="7.0 (Maipo)"
ID="rhel"
ID_LIKE="fedora"
VERSION_ID="7.0"
PRETTY_NAME="Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.0:GA:server"
HOME_URL="https://www.redhat.com/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugzilla.redhat.com/"

REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7"
REDHAT_BUGZILLA_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.0
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION=7.0
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0 (Maipo)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0 (Maipo)

and my openstack-packstack version:
[root at cloud63 ~]# yum info openstack-packstack
Failed to set locale, defaulting to C
Loaded plugins: priorities, product-id, subscription-manager
Installed Packages
Name        : openstack-packstack
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 2014.2
Release     : 0.5.dev1316.g733aa73.el7.centos
Size        : 740 k
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : openstack-juno
Summary     : Openstack Install Utility
URL         : https://github.com/stackforge/packstack
License     : ASL 2.0 and GPLv2
Description : Packstack is a utility that uses Puppet modules to install
            : OpenStack. Packstack can be used to deploy various parts of
            : OpenStack on multiple pre installed servers over ssh.

and my command’s history:

    5  subscription-manager register --username= --auto-attach
    6  subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
    7  subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-extras-rpms
    8  subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms
    9  wget https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-2.noarch.rpm
   10  yum install wget
   11  wget https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/e/epel-release-7-2.noarch.rpm
   12  sudo yum install epel-release-7-2.noarch.rpm
   13  yum update -y
   14  sudo yum install -y https://rdo.fedorapeople.org/rdo-release.rpm
   15  sudo yum install -y openstack-packstack
   16  sudo yum repolist
   17  packstack —allinone

Thank you for your effort.

Have a nice day,