[Rdo-list] Installing Nova Compute

Arash Kaffamanesh ak at cloudssky.com
Fri Nov 7 21:03:29 UTC 2014

Hi Brian,

You don't need to run packstack on the compute node, running packstack on
the controller will execute the puppet scripts on the compute node which
installs the nova-compute package and ovs and neutron, on the compute node
you shall get something like this:

[root at compute1~]# pgrep -l nova
7476 nova-compute
[root at compute1 ~]# pgrep -l neutron
8609 neutron-openvsw
8766 neutron-rootwra

Some questions, do you've set in packstack answer-file the CONFIG_SSH_KEY
directive?:

CONFIG_SSH_KEY=/root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub

Can you do a password less ssh from the controller into the compute node?

How does your packstack run end? Are you getting any errors? Do you have a
keystone_admin file at the end of the installation?

Best,
Arash