Re: [Rdo-list] Heat in RDO Juno M3

On 06/10/14 04:40, Amit Ugol wrote:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 23:20:18 +0100
Arif Ali <mail arif-ali co uk> wrote:

Hi all,

I have been trying a few things in heat on Juno over the last few
days, and thanks to larsks on IRC, I managed to get really far. I
have encountered 2 problems

1) The package heat-cfntools is no longer available in either of the
rdo repository or epel for el7, It was available for el6. How best
can we get hold of this package for CentOS 7. Or in-fact do we do the
cfn-signal in a different way, and we no longer need to use this
command?

2) I have been trying to to give unique names/numbers to hosts that
are created through the "OS::Heat::ResourceGroup" resource, this
supposedly has a feature where we can use %index% to add unique
numbers to any of the variables. But this fails to work with the
following error.

Error parsing template file:///root/hpc.yaml while scanning for the
next token
found character that cannot start any token
   in "<unicode string>", line 207, column 23

I have pasted the contents of hpc.yaml that gives the error here ->
http://fpaste.org/139239/, this is an amended template from that
larsks pointed me to.

Any insight on any of the above would be great

--
Arif Ali

IRC: arif-ali at freenode
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/arifali
Hi,
If you can see the example here: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Heat::ResourceGroup
If you give it a static name as a prefix it will pass validation.

- -- Best Regards, Amit.

Thanks Amit,

I did look at that example numerous times, but maybe I was approaching it incorrectly by forwarding the index name as a parameter to the resource

I just took a slightly different approach now, where I am now giving the hostname to the resource, rather than forwarding the index itself.

Is it possible do to regular expressions similar to perl, such that I can name them compute01 instead of compute1, which is what is being done. i.e. also be able to some kind of mathematical calculations according to the index

Also pointers on point 1 would be great as well if anyone has any?

thanks in advance