Re: [Rdo-list] Heat in RDO Juno M3

On 06/10/14 15:37, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 11:20:18PM +0100, Arif Ali wrote:
1) The package heat-cfntools is no longer available in either of the rdo
repository or epel for el7, It was available for el6. How best can we get
hold of this package for CentOS 7. Or in-fact do we do the cfn-signal in a
different way, and we no longer need to use this command?
You have always been able to use `curl` instead of `cfn-signal`.
There are examples of that in the documentation.
hmm, I think that's a RTFM for me, as I was looking at your example; thanks for the pointers again ;)

I will look that up
Error parsing template file:///root/hpc.yaml while scanning for the next
token
found character that cannot start any token
   in "<unicode string>", line 207, column 23
I think that may suggest that you need to quote that value:

           index_name: "%index%"

The '%' sign introduces a YAML "directive" if used outside of quotes.

Perfect, that works. I tried this earlier, but I was doing something wrong in the template that was included as part of the hpc.yaml. need to test 1 thing at a time ;)

As a side question, is there a better way than doing the following to concatenate a string with a paramater?

{"Fn::Join" : ["",["compute", { get_param: index_name }]]}

Arif Ali

IRC: arif-ali at freenode
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/arifali