[Rdo-list] Neutron networking and public facing VLANs

Good Day, folks.

I need help setting up what I thought to be a rather simple configuration. Let me lay out the setup:

System		NIC
controller:	on-board
node3:		on-board
		Intel PCIe
		Intel PCIe
node4:		on-board
		Intel PCIe
		Intel PCIe

The onboard NIC on all three systems is the management interface. Before I ran packstack, I bonded the two PCIe NICs on the two compute nodes in 802.3ad mode, and set the bridges up to the VLANs on the bond. The switch is set to trunk VLANs 100-105 to those two systems on the bonded interfaces. So, before packstack, this is what I had:

Controller:	enp0s25
		br0
		br0.100
		br0.101
Node3 + Node4:	enp0s25
		bond0
		br0
		br0.100
		br0.101

In my answers file for packstack, I had these lines:

CONFIG_NOVA_COMPUTE_PRIVIF=br0.101
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_PUBIF=br0.100
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_PRIVIF=br0.101
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_FIXEDRANGE=10.1.128.0/20
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_FLOATRANGE=10.1.224.0/20
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_VLAN_START=101
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_NUMBER=5
CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_SIZE=255
CONFIG_NEUTRON_L3_EXT_BRIDGE=br0

I want VLAN 100 to be my public facing interface.

Packstack deployed the compute services to the controller system, and consequently set up a bridge on it's management interface [1,2]. The deployment did not honor the settings in the answer file, and set up new bridge interfaces on all of the systems, virbr0, that are not tied to any other interface, as well as the ovs-system plus two interfaces under that, br-int and br-ext [3,4].

While researching for this question, I stumbled upon ovs-vsctl, so I ran ovs-vsctl on the controller [5] and one of the nodes [6].

[1] http://paste.fedoraproject.org/145893/14519808
[2] http://paste.fedoraproject.org/145898/45199181
[3] http://paste.fedoraproject.org/145895/14519844
[4] http://paste.fedoraproject.org/145899/51998114
[5] http://paste.fedoraproject.org/145909/14520567
[6] http://paste.fedoraproject.org/145910/14520606

So, my starting point is this - how do I get the ovs-system talking to the bond? Next, how do I get the VLANs passed through to neutron, and eventually to the instances?

--
Dan Mossor, RHCSA
Systems Engineer at Large