Re: [Rdo-list] RDO Juno with Foreman on CentOS or Fedora

Hi Arash

On 10/30/2014 04:41 PM, Arash Kaffamanesh wrote:
Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried to deploy Juno with Foreman on CentOS 7 or Fedora 20?
As I can see, staypuft supports currently CentOS 6.5 and Fedora 19:
https://github.com/theforeman/staypuft

AFAIK, there has been very little testing with either Foreman (assuming you mean the astapor/openstack-foreman-installer stuff here) or Staypuft on top of Juno. There is a fair amount of work ongoing to update all the puppet classes to support Juno, but I don't know that it's all 100% complete yet.

As for Staypuft, you can deploy it on CentOS 6.5 and then use it to deploy OpenStack to CentOS 7.

There has been minimal/no testing done against Fedora for either the OFI or Staypuft deployment methods.

If Juno is currently not supported by foreman, can I go with staypuft
for Icehouse?

This should work for you. I know there have been others who have done this with some success. If you do run into issues, please raise them either here on rdo-list, or on Freenode in the #staypuft or #rdo channels.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks!
-Arash