[Rdo-list] nova-docker

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 10:29:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 10:26:48AM +0200, ICHIBA Sara wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have installed an all-in-one openstack vm using packstack. Now i'm
> trying to install docker and get nova use it.
>
> I'm following this tuto https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Docker. When I
> try the docker search or the docker pull samalba/hipache commandes it
> gives me this error :2014/09/08 12:02:07 Get
> https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/samalba/hipache/images: dial
> tcp 162.242.195.84:443: connection timed out .
>
>  I think it's because of the proxy. Have anywone any idea on where I
>  can set the proxy variable for the docker to use it?

I'm not a Docker user, but just a related comment: Lars has written[1] a
couple of blogposts related to Nova/Docker and Heat, where he talks[2]
about configuring Docker to listen on a TCP socket:

 [1] http://blog.oddbit.com/2014/08/28/novadocker-and-environment-var/
 [2] http://blog.oddbit.com/2014/08/30/docker-plugin-for-openstack-he/

Hope that helps.

--