[Rdo-list] mirroring rdo

Arif Ali mail at arif-ali.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 14:33:43 UTC 2014

On 25/09/14 13:23, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 09/25/2014 08:07 AM, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
>> FWIW, maybe you can try `reposync` to sync repos and have some kind of
>> `cron` job to refresh RPM metadata. It is just ported[1] this week to
>> the much faster RPM package manager `dnf` and is available in
>> dnf-plugins-core-0.1.4).
>
> +1. reposync is what seems to be the best way to handle this.
>
> It would be nice to know who all is doing this, since we do some basic
> download stats from our repos, but we're more interested in getting
> lots of people using it than having precise stats. More of a nice to
> know than a required, but if you could tell me some usage estimates
> (number of machines you're deploying on, and so on) that would be
> awesome.
>
> --Rich

Rich,

So I am using reposync to synchronise the rdo-openstack as well as
several other repos for my OpenStack implementation. My list of files
that I use are in
https://gitlab.arif-ali.co.uk/arif/openstack-lab/tree/master/reposync. I
use the yum.conf within that directory that reposync points to.

I don't have a cron job per say, but when I go back to my environment, I
do tend to synchronise by using a script before I start any new work on
the system.

So I have deployed the same set of openstack RPMs in my PoC environment
more than 20 times now, whether it is from the controller side or the
nova side, this is an environment of 3 bare-metal machines; but this is
not fixed environment, as they can easily be re-provisioned to any type
at any time; i.e. I could have an all-in-one centos7 and all-in-one
rhels7 on 2 different machines for testing purposes; or a 3 node
Openstack implementation with 1 x controller, and 2 x nova+neutron-agents.

I hope that this is useful

I am more than happy to provide people with my setup if anyone is interested

regards,

--
Arif Ali

IRC: arif-ali at freenode